|B. TECH. (MECHANICAL ENGINEERING)||30|
DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (ME)
Mechanical Engineering is a four-year B.Techprogramme that teaches the students a basic understanding and knowledge of how heavy tools and machinery work. A student pursuing a mechanical engineering programme will acquire knowledge about designing automobiles, electric motors, aircraft and other heavy vehicles. Mechanical engineers design everything from new batteries and athletic equipment to medical devices and from personal computers, air conditioners, and automobile engines to electric power plants. These engineers also design machines that produce these innovations. The scope of mechanical engineering in India and abroad is huge for every aspect of our lives is touched by Mechanical Engineering in one way or the other. Spanning multiple industries, the career opportunities for students pursuing the programme is huge.
Vision and Mission of the Department
To provide quality education and Research in the field of mechanical engineering to preparethe mechanical engineers who are capable to providing innovative solutions to cater the everchanging industrial demands and social needs groom the students into confident, competent and employable Mechanical Engineer.
M1: To impart quality education to the graduates to enhance their skills and capacity that
makes them competitive mechanical engineers globally.
M2: To impart quality education in the field of Mechanical Engineering so that the
students perform as per the industry expectations and social aspirations.
M3: To develop research facilities & resources in order to contribute in the knowledge
creation for serving betterment of society.
M4: To provide the students with academic environment of excellence, leadership, ethical
guidelines and lifelong learning needed for a long productive career.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO-1: Engineering knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO-2: Problem analysis:Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO-3: Design/development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- PO-4: Conduct investigations of complex problems:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO-5: Modern tool usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO-6: The engineer and society:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO-7: Environment and sustainability:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO-8: Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO-9: Individual and team work:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO-10: Communication:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO-11: Project management and finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO-12: Life-long learning:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program specific outcomes (PSO’s): ME
PSO1: The students will be able to apply knowledge of modern tools in manufacturing enabling to conquer the challenges of Modern Industry.
PSO2: The students will be able to design various thermal engineering systems by applying the principles of thermal sciences.
PSO3: The students will be able to design different mechanisms and machine components of transmission of power and automation in modern industry.
Course Outcome (CO)
Institute is affiliated to Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Lucknow therefore course outcome (CO) of each course is defined by the BOS of the university.
Click to view the syllabus with CO –
Welcome to the Department of Mechanical Engineering of Kanpur Institute of Technology, Kanpur. This is one of the Premier Institutions of Kanpur. We started our journey in the year of 2004. Department has grown significantly over the years and currently offers Degrees in UG.
The Department’s Vision is “To Provide Quality Education and Research in the field of Mechanical Engineering to prepare the Mechanical Engineers, who are capable to providing innovative solutions to cater the ever changing industrial demands and social needs groom the students into confident, competent and employable Mechanical Engineer”.
Our goal is to provide students with a balance of intellectual and practical experiences that enable them to serve a variety of societal needs. Students are nurtured to become best Practicing Engineers or become Entrepreneurs in their own innovative way. The aim of the Mechanical Engineering Department is to provide standard quality programmes of graduate education under Dr.APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow. The multiple areas of research in our department are Manufacturing and Materials; Industrial Engineering; Thermal Sciences and Design Engineering. I firmly believe that the upliftment of nation is only through Value Based Education.
I hope and feel confident that our students, with their broad exposure to academic and Professional fields, will leave mark wherever they go, nationally or globally.
We continue on this journey with our commitment to excellence. We welcome you to our Department and would like to be part of your success.
I wish all the students and faculty a very good academic career.
Sincerely, and with Best Wishes,
Dr. Vivek Srivastava
Head of ME Department
FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY
CAD / CAM LAB
AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING LAB
ENGINEERING MECHANICS LAB
REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONAING LAB
ENGINEERING GRAPHICS LAB
THEORY OF MACHINE LAB
INTERNET OF THINGS LAB (IOT)