One of the founding departments of KIT Kanpur, The Department of Mechanical Engineering played a leading role in rolling out the mechanical engineers from the institute. Department of Mechanical Engineering centres on the principle of maintaining high standard and industrial aspects in the field of mechanical engineering education through outstanding teaching learning methodology, innovating curricula, and research training that fulfill the changing needs of society and market.
The department of mechanical engineering is headed by Dr. Digamber Singh. The department would have renowned faculties from different top colleges of India. The faculty members of the department are also occupants of different chairs of the institute which include Director, Asst. Exam Controller etc., Also department has an experienced technical staff of 06 who are associated with 12 different laboratories within the department.
The department offers separate undergraduate 4 year degree course and 2 year regular postgraduate degree program in mechanical engineering.
Undergraduate Programme: (4 years-8 semesters):
B.TECH II Year (Lateral Entry)–12 (3 Year)
Postgraduate Programmes: (24 months-4 semesters):
The department has well equipped fully functioned laboratories with most modern infrastructure to fulfill the present day need of the industries through hands-on practice. Also, department is very well equipped with computational facilities and resources both in terms of hardware and software. Some of the laboratories with their major facilities are as:
|Dr. Digamber Singh firstname.lastname@example.org,|
|Asso. Professor||Mechanical Engineering||HOD||Ph.D,(MNNIT Prayagraj)|
- Summer Faculty Research Fellowship by Engine Tribology Center IIT Delhi 2015.
- Six sigma Green Belt Certificate from BSI Noida U.P. India in Year 2011.
- Society of Automotive Engineers India.
- Society for Applied Mechanics MNNIT Allahabad.
Funded Academic Research Projects:
- Project Name: CMS (Collision Mitigation Braking System) Project is funded by Hindustan College of Science and Technology R&D Department Amount Value of the Project 2.3 Laks.
- Project Name: To Design and develop a single seater Formula Style Car funded by Hindustan College of Science and Technology R&D Department .The team is second Champion of SUPRA SAE India project. Amount Value of the Project 6.5 Laks.
- Project Name: Enhancement of Academic Performance of Students in Engineering Institutions Funded and awarded by DL Shah Trust Quality Council of India 2015.
- Editorial Member of International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology from 2018.
- Editorial Member of International Journal of Global Research in Science and Technology from 2020.
- Strain Energy Based Hydraulic Steering System (Patent No. 3499/DEL/2013).
- Sensible Braking System (Patent No. 3498/DEL/2013).
Workshops & Courses:
- I have participated in national workshop which is organized by Dayalbagh Educational Institute on “ Bio-Fuels: Prospects & Challenges.
- I am Organized a workshop on two wheeler and four wheeler vehicle service and maintenance.
- Virtual Library Workshop on Materials Response to Microstructural, Mechanical Thermal and Biological stimuli IIT Kanpur June, 30, 2016.
- Applied mechanics Department MNNIT Allahabad organized a short term course on Biomedical Imaging GIAN, July 14-15, 2016.
- Application of Multi Physics and Inverse Modeling to Industrial Problems by Department of Chemical Engineering, Dec. 18-19, 2016.
- Applied Mechanics Department organized a Course on Computational Simulation on Bio-fluid Systems GIAN Dec. 01-12, 2016.
- Applied Mechanics Department organized a Course on Active Learning Techniques and Robust Assessment Methods in Train the Trainer GIAN, July 10-15, 2017.
- Applied Mechanics Department organized a Course on Modeling, Simulation, Performance Evaluation and Biological Safety for Medical Devices for Respiratory and Cardiovascular Assistance GIAN, March 22nd -April 02nd, 2018.
- Digamber Singh, Prof. Anuj Jain, Dr. A.R.Paul; (2018) ‘Numerical Assessment of a 3-D Human Upper Respiratory Tract Model: Effects of Anatomical Structure on Transient Asymmetric Tidal Pulmonary Ventilation Characteristics’, Int. Journal Biomedical Engineering and Technology, Vol. 00, No. 00, pp.000–000, SCEI (Accepted).
- Digamber Singh, Prof. Anuj Jain, Dr. A.R.Paul; Ambient Air Quality Index Effect on Deposition of Respirable Suspended Particulate Matter (PM2.5 and PM10) in Human Upper Respiratory Tract under Asymmetric Spirometry Flow, Journal of Materials Science Forum, Vol. 00, No. 00, pp.000–000. Scopus (Accepted).
- Digamber Singh, Characterization of Asymmetric Transient Cyclic Breath Characteristics and Particle Deposition in Healthy Human Airways and Airways with Glomus Tumor, Journal of computational Physics, International Journal of Experimental and Computational Biomechanics, Scopus (In-review).
- Digamber Singh, Numerical Assessment of Natural Respiration and Particles Deposition in the CT-scan Airway with Glomus Tumor, International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation, Scopus (Accepted).
Research Paper Published in National and International Conferences/Technical Poster:
- Digamber Singh; Manufacturing System Load Balancing Approaches. (National Conference organized by Amity University, 2011)
- Digamber Singh, Srimala Sandip; Manufacturing of Electric Vehicle. (National Conference organized by Amity University, 2011)
- Digamber Singh; Effect of Heavy Population of Automobile on Environment (International conferences Organized by Institutions of Engineers Lucknow 2013)
- Bhoolu Kumar, Digamber Singh, Vivek Kr. Srivastava, Prof. Anuj Jain, Dr. A.R.Paul; A Computational Analysis of Smoke Particle Deposition in Simplified and CT-Scan Based Human Trachea Under Inspiratory Flow (International Conferences on Biomedical Engineering & Supportive Technologies BEST- 2016)
- Digamber Singh, Prof. Anuj Jain, Dr. A.R.Paul; Effect of physical structure of nasal cavity and nasopharynx on airflow field in human upper airway (6th International 43rd National Conferences Fluid Mechanics or Fluid Power Dec. 15-17, 2016)
- Digamber Singh, Prof. Anuj Jain, Dr. A.R.Paul; Novel Assessment of Toxic Particles Deposition in Respiratory Tract under Poor Air Quality Index (AQI) (National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Engineering Technology, Sciences, Management and Education, Sept. 18, 2018, Amity University Lucknow U.P.) (Best Paper).
- Digamber Singh, Prof. Anuj Jain, Dr. A.R.Paul; Numerical Study on Particle Deposition in Healthy Human Airways and Airways with Glomus Tracheal Tumor, 1st International Conference On Biomedical Engineering Science and Technology: Roadway from Laboratory to Market, 20-21 December 2018, NIT Raipur, Chhattisgarh – 492010.
- Innovation day organizer in 2012-13 at Sharda Group of Institutions Mathura.
- Faculty advisor of SAE India colligate club.
- Guide of SUPRA SAE India Team (Plysteer Racing “To Design and Develop a single Seater Formula Style Car”)
- SAE India ASSOCIATE Member.
- Guest lecture organized on Divining skills and safety rules.
- SAE India Event Judge (2016-2019)
|Mr. Dhananjay Singh email@example.com||Assistant Professor||Mechanical||M.Tech, B.Tech|
- DhananjaySingh, R.K.Jain, ChouhanBalaji “A review ofcomparative evaluation of thermal insulation materials for building wall applications” International Journal of Engineering Science and Research Technology (IJESRT) ISSN:2277-9655; DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.159460 October,2016.
- DhananjaySingh, R.K.Jain, ChouhanBalaji “Experimental and numerical investigation to avoid condensation on Flipper Mullion in French door refrigerator” International Journal of Engineering Science and Research Technology (IJESRT) ISSN:2277-9655; DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.159459 October,2016.
- AnujaDwivedi, DhananjaySingh, ShakunShrivastav “ Design and analysis of Multi-Directional flow micro channel heat sink for PV application” International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR) ISSN- 2348-1269 www.ijrar.org June 2019, Volume 6, Issue 2.
- AnujaDwivedi, DhananjaySingh, ShakunShrivastav “ CFD analysis of Multi-Directional flow micro channel heat sink for PV application” International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR) ISSN- 2348-1269 www.ijrar.org June 2019, Volume 6, Issue 2.
|Mr. Subhankur Dutta firstname.lastname@example.org||Assistant Professor||Mechanical||FIC (Boy’s Hostel)||M.Tech, B.Tech|
- S.Dutta,A.K.Dutta(2016), “A Review on the experimental study of Overall Equipment Effectiveness of various machines and its improvement strategies through TPM implementation.” IJETT-Vol 36 Number 5-June 2016.
- S.Dutta(2017), “A Study of Waste Heat Recovery Boiler Operation and Maintenance of CCU at Refinery Campus.” IJETMAS-Volume 5, Issue 5, ISSN 2349-4476, May 2017.
- S. Dutta, “A study of Waste Heat Recovery Boiler Operation and Maintenance of CCU at Refinery campus.” In the proceeding of International Conference on New Frontiers of Engineering, Science, Management and Humanities (ICNFESHM-2017), (NITTTR)National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research,Chandigarh,India(MHRD,Govt. of India), ISBN: 978-81-934083-0-8, 21st May 2017.
- S. Dutta, A.K. Dutta, “The improvement of Overall Equipment Effectiveness of machines using TPM study in a small scale industry (A case study on Milling Machine and Chasing Machine used in a CTC roller sharpening industry).” In the Proceeding 1 of International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering, Science, Technology and Management (ICRTESTM-2017), pp.13-24, April 24, 2017, Seventh Sense Research Group (SSRG), Swami Vivekananda Institute of Technology, Telangana, India.
|Mr. Amit Kumar Chaurasia email@example.com||Assistant Professor||Mechanical||M.Tech, B.Tech|
- “Improvement of the characteristics of the fuel obtained from waste plastics” published in International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology(IRJET) journal volume 6 Issue 3 March 2019.
|Mr. Subhashit Yadav firstname.lastname@example.org||Assistant Professor||Mechanical||Member of Anti-Ragging Committee||B.Tech|
|Mr. Pankaj Tripathi email@example.com||Assistant Professor||Mechanical||Member of Faculty Placement Coordinator||M.Tech, B.Tech|
- Mohitkumarpandey, A.S. Verma, PankajTripathi “Pneumatic Vehicle with Air Suspension System” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IR JET) ISSN: 2395-0056; Impact Factor value: 7.211 Volume: 06 Issue: 05 | May 2019 PP 206-208.
- PankajTripathi, KuldeepYadav “Biodegradation Of Natural Fiber & Glass Fiber Polymer Composite-A Review” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) ISSN: 2395-0056; Impact Factor value: 5.181 Volume: 04 Issue: 04 | April 2017 PP 1224-1228.
- PankajTripathi, KuldeepYadav “Flexural & Tensile strength of E-Glass Fiber/Bamboo hybrid composite” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) ISSN: 2395-0056; Impact Factor value: 5.181 Volume: 04 Issue: 05 | May 2017 PP 2707-2709.
- PankajTripathi, KuldeepYadav “Flexural & Tensile strength of E-Glass Fiber/Bamboo hybrid composite” International Journal of Innovative Research in Advanced Engineering (IJIRAE) ISSN: 2349-2163; ISRAJIF (2016): 3.715 | Indexcopernicus: (ICV 2015): 47.91 Issue 04, Volume 4 (April 2017) PP 37-41.
|Mr. Prateek Gangwar firstname.lastname@example.org||Assistant Professor||Mechanical||Member of Anti-Ragging Committee||M.Tech, B.Tech|
- PrateekGangwar ,Dr. A.S. Verma, SumitGangwar, Dr. A.S. Verma “ Fabrication & Modification of a Solar Car” International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology (IJRASET) ISSN: 2321-9653; IC Value: 45.98; SJ Impact Factor: 6.887 Volume 6 Issue V, May 2018- Available at www.ijraset.com.
- PrateekGangwar And Dr. AnandSwaroopVerma “Modification of Oscillating Mechanism of Standing Fan ForThrowing Air At 240 Degree” International Journal of Engineering Science Invention (IJESI) ISSN (Online): 2319 – 6734, ISSN (Print): 2319 – 6726 www.ijesi.org ||Volume 7 Issue 5 Ver. IV|| May 2018 || PP 74-77.
- SakshiSingh ,PrateekGangwar, “Fabrication and Design of Efficient Concrete Mixer Machine” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) e-ISSN: 2395-0056 Volume: 06 Issue: 04 | Apr 2019 www.irjet.net p-ISSN: 2395-0072.
- Vipul Kumar Singh, PrateekGangwar “ANALYSIS OF SHELL AND TUBE HEAT EXCHANGERS” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) e-ISSN: 2395-0056 Volume: 06 Issue: 04 | Apr 2019 www.irjet.net p-ISSN: 2395-0072.
- PrateekGangwar Presented the Paper Entitled “Fabrication & Modification of Pedal Power Hacksaw” In 2nd International Conference on Engineering Science & Advance Research Held In Rama University , Kanpur 2019.
- PrateekGangwar Presented the Paper Entitled “Design & Fabrication & Of Solar Car” In International Conference on Engineering Science & Advance Research Held In Rama University , Kanpur 2018.
Industrial visit of students
DEPARTMENTAL SOCIETY OF MECHANICAL DEPARTMENT
“YANTRIKIANS” the society of Department Of Mechanical Engineering The Convener is Dr. Digamber Singh – HOD ME Department.
The society encourages the conduction of a variety of student activities reflecting student interests and individual or group accomplishments of learning outcomes determined by the college. The society runs various Cultural, Social Service and Sports based activities for the students throughout the year