The primary objective of the department has been to impart quality education, training and research at the undergraduate, postgraduate levels in various areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering. The major areas of faculty expertise of the department include Analog & Digital Communication Systems, Control Systems, Micro processors, Digital Signal Processing, RF, Satellite and Microwaves, Speech Signal Processing, Embedded & VLSI design and Wireless communication.
The Department is headed by Dr. Atul Makrariya, with the team having blend of young and experienced faculty members.
Electronics & Communication Engineering Department has Accreditation of NBA granted by Engineering & Technology Accreditation Evaluation committee In House student forum of Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering (IETE) Kanpur Chapter at KIT.
Courses Offered :
4 Years B.Tech Course – Seats In take – 180 to 60
M.Tech (EC) – Seats Intake – 18
Placed Students : Working various PSU’s and private enterprises such as BHEL, NTPC, ONGC, IOCL, BEL, HAL, DRDO, ISRO, BARC, WIPRO, INFOSYS, TCS, ERICSSION, NOKIA-SIEMENS, ALCATEL-LUCENT, FLEXTRONIC, BHARTI TELECOMM, NIIT, GENERAL ELECTRICALS, SONIC ,BSNL and other prestigious organization.
Affiliations: AKTU, Lucknow and AICTE, New Delhi
|Microwave lab: The focus of the Microwave Engineering Laboratory at Electronics & Communication Engineering Department is the development and use for scientific studies of the microwave frequencies including micro machined devices for RF/ Microwave applications. This laboratory with all state-of-the-art provides facilities for simulation and measurement of planar/non-planar microwave components|
|Digital Logic Design Lab: DIGITAL DESIGN lab has Universal Digital Lab Trainer Implementation of Boolean Functions using Logic Gates, Adders and Subtractors, Multiplexers and Demultiplexers. Latches & Flip-Flops, Counters & Registers based experiments.|
|PCB design Lab: This lab mainly includes equipments and machines to produce multi layer plated-through Printed circuit boards (PCBs), to insert leaded and surface mounted devices.|
|Microprocessor and Microcontroller lab: This lab is used for Microprocessors 8086 & 8251 based experiments.|
|Project lab: Project Lab is a creative space for students and professionals to learn, work, and create electronic circuits. Project Lab builds community among creative.|
|Electronics CAD / VLSI Lab: This lab includes FPGA based system design, VLSI design etc. A thorough understanding of the elementary principles of this all embracing technology is of great relevance for all engineers’ students. This laboratory course gives hands-on experience.|
|Digital Communication lab: The Communication System Laboratory covers design and verification of the concepts of modern communication systems that operates in MHz-GHz range. The main focus is to design next-generation wireless technologies and mobile computing systems.|
|Electronics Circuit Lab: An electric circuit is composed of individual components such as resistors, inductors, capacitors, diode, transistors, MOSFET etc to trace the current that flows through it. The combination of components can perform various simple and compound operations.|
|Dr. Atul Makrariya [email protected]||Associate professor||ECE||Head of the Department||M.Tech. Ph.D.|
- Attended UGC sponsored refresher course, hosted by Bundelkhand University, Jhansi.
F.D.P / Workshop
- Attended one week FDP on “Design and manufacturing of Antenna & Electronic Simulation System” 29 -July to 02- August 2019, organized by IET Bundelkhand University Jhansi under AICTE – TEQIP-3.
- Attended ‘Effective and Efficient Online Teaching in the Age of Corona, A Hands On Workshop’ on 16 May 2020, organised by the Teaching Learning Centre (ICT) at IIT Bombay.
- Attended e-Workshop, 26-29 May 2020 by Commission for Scientific and Technical Terminology, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- Attended one week e- FDP under summer school on Machine learning & application, 18-23 May-2020, SIRTS, Bhopal.
- Attended one week e- FDP organized by TPIIC / CRC , 11-16 May -2020, SAGE University Indore.
- Design study of recent techniques for Microstrip filters: An Analysis, P.K. Khare, Atul Makrariya, Journal of Emerging Technology and Innovative Research, Dec 2014, Volume 1, Issue 7, ISSN-2349-5162, p-644-650.
- Design and Analysis of a 5-pole Interdigital Band-Pass Filter at 2.4GHz, Atul Makrariya, P.K. Khare, IEEE xplore Digital Library, 978-1-5090-051-7/15/ IEEE, DOI 10.1109/ICCN.-2015, page:93 – 96.
- Microstrip Interdigital Bandpass Filters: Design analysis, Atul Makrariya, P.K. Khare, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Vol.7, Issue 3, March-2016, Pg: 702 – 705, ISSN: 2229-5518.
- Five Pole Optimum distributed high pass Microwave filter design analysis and simulation on Microstrip at 2.4 GHz, Atul Makrariya, P.K. Khare, International Journal of Engineering Science & Research Technology, Volume 5, Issue 8, August -2016, page: , ISSN: 2277- 9655.
- A Compact Design and Simulation of Low pass Microwave Filter on Microstrip Transmission line at 2.4 GHz, Atul Makrariya, P.K. Khare, International Journal of Management, IT and Engineering Vol. 7,issue 7, July – 2017, ISSN: 2249-0558.
- PCF in the region of high traffic area and its effect on network Performance, Atul Makrariya, S. K. Jaiswal, Rahul Makrariya, International journal of engineering science & research, July 2012, Vol 03, Issue 03,ISSN: 2230-8504, e-ISSN-2230-8512.
- Analysis of linear MIMO detection techniques for 5G massive MIMO under spatial correlated channel, Osheen Siddiqui, Atul Makrariya, International Journal of Advanced Research and Technology (2020), Volume 8, Issue 1, pp.01-06, ISSN: 2347-7490.
- Different Software tools comparative study for Microstrip components design, Atul Makrariya1, Rahul Makrariya2, P. K. Khare, National Conference on Computing, Communication, Control, Informatics & Pharmaceutical Sciences,Kanpur Institute of Technology, Kanpur March 6 – 7, 2020.
- Carrier frequency offset estimation & compensation in 5G NR tapped delay line models, Osheen Siddiqui , Atul Makrariya, International Journal of Advanced Research and Technology (2020), Volume 8, Issue 1, pp.07-11, ISSN: 2347-7490.
|Mr.Prabhat Gupta||Assistant Professor||ECE||Faculty||M.Tech|
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- Gupta Prabhat and Purwar Vaibhav “Comprative Performance Analysis Of Single Mode Fiber Over Different Channels Using Matlab: A Survey” IJETR International Journal of Engineering and Technical Research Volume 8 Issue 2 February 2018, ISSN: 2321-0869 (O) 2454-4698 (P).
- Gupta Prabhat and Purwar Vaibhav “Comprative Performance Analysis Of Single Mode Fiber Over Different Channels Using Matlab” IJETR International Journal of Engineering and Technical Research Volume 8 Issue 2 February 2018, ISSN: 2321-0869 (O) 2454-4698 (P).
|Mr. Asheesh Gupta [email protected]||Assistant Professor||ECE||Admission cell head||M.Tech. PhD. (Pursuing)|
|Mr. Pradeep Singh Yadav [email protected]||Assistant Professor||ECE||M.Tech|
|Dr. Sweta Tripathi [email protected]||Associate Professor||ECE||Ph.D., M.Tech|
- Patent Title- “Two Wheeler Anti Fall System on Skid Detection” (Issued by Govt. of India)
- Patent Title- “A System and Identification of Person” (Issued by Govt. of India).
- Book published, “Digital IIR Filters with LabVIEW”, Lap Lambert, Mauritius, ISBN 978-613-9-47615-2, April 2019.
- Sweta Tripathi, R.S. Anand and E. Fernandez, “Segmentation of Brain Lesions in MR images”, International Conference on Recent Innovations in Electrical, Electronics & Communication Engineering – (ICRIEECE) July 27th& 28th2018.
- Sweta Tripathi, R.S. Anand and E. Fernandez, “Classification of Normal and Abnormal Brain in MR Images, ” International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research, Vol.5, Issue 5, page no. 610-614, MAY 2018.
- Sweta Tripathi, R.S. Anand and E. Fernandez,” A Review of Brain MR Image Segmentation Techniques,” International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR).
- Article: “Performance of Turbo Decoding with Imperfect Channel Estimates” presented in 4th National conference of Wireless Communication and VLSI Design at Gwalior Engineering College, Gwalior (M.P.)on 29 May 2011.
- Article: “Image Processing Using Principal Component Analysis”, in International Journal of Computer Application, Vol.15, No.4, pp. 37-40, February 2011.
- Article: “Analysis of Digital IIR Filter with LabVIEW”, in International Journal of Computer Application, Vol.10, No.6, pp. 23-30, November 2010.
|Mr. Shashank Srivastava shashank.srivastava @kit.ac.in||Assistant Professor||ECE||M. Tech ,B. Tech|
- Construction of FIR Filter using Modified Genetic Algorithm
DEPARTMENTAL SOCIETY OF ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT.
ELECTROGLINT is the society created by Electronics and Communication Department. Chair Person – Dr. Atul Makrariya HOD – ECE
“ELECTROGLINT” encourages the establishment of a variety of student clubs reflecting student interests and individual or group accomplishments of learning outcomes determined by the University. “ELECTROGLINT” run various Technical, Cultural, Social Service and Sports events for the students.
Various Projects designed by ECE students & Selected in AKTU Startup / Program: