|B. TECH. (COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING)||150|
|B. TECH. (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)||30|
|B. TECH. CS(ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND MACHINE LEARNING)||60|
|M.TECH (COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING)||12|
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING (CS/IT/CS-AIML)
Vision and Mission of the Department
Computer Science Department at Kanpur Institute of Technology is committed to empower its students with relevant and current technology so that they are prepared to compute in this globalised technical world along with being aware of their ethical responsibilities towards the world at large.
M1: To impart high quality education in the science of computing.
M2: To prepare educated and skilled computer professionals.
M3: To create excellence by providing comprehensive knowledge of the latest tools and technologies in the domain of computer science, so that students strive to become leaders.
M4: To inculcate ethical values in students so that they understand their responsibility towards the nation with focus on upliftment of all sections of society.
M5: To facilitate establishment of research centers and encourage students to solve complex technological problems.
Program Educational Objectives
PEO1: Make valuable contributions to design, development and production in the practice of computer science and engineering in related engineering areas or application areas, and at the interface of computers and physical systems.
PEO2: Promotes design, research and implementation of products through strong communication skills, leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
PEO3: Engage in professional development or post-graduate education to pursue flexible career paths amid future technological changes.
PEO4: Apply basic principles and practices of computing and science to successfully complete software related projects to meet customer business objectives and/or productively engage in research.
PEO5: To develop analytical, mathematical and scientific knowledge that is used to analyze, formulate and solve any engineering problems.
Program specific outcomes (PSO’s):
PSO1: Ability to understand the mathematical methodology to cracks problems using suitable data structure and mathematical approach.
PSO2: Ability to design and develop software for web based and mobiles androids under real world environment.
PSO3: Ability to design the algorithm for machine learning, data compression and IOT based application and also the successful career and entrepreneurship.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO-1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO-2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO-3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- PO-4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO-5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO-6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO-7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO-8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO-9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO-10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO-11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO-12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
B.Tech. in CS / IT / CS (AIML) &M.Tech CS, our Department’s flagship program, aims to focus on critical thinking. In addition to mastering the basic theoretical concepts and practical skills, the program focuses on preparing students to do advanced research, using a small or large project in their seven and eight semesters, respectively. Research projects expand into various areas such as Data Mining Algorithms, Cloud Computing, Computer Security, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Networks, and various intermediate areas such as Human-Bond Communication, Applied Machine Learning, etc. These projects cover the entire CS spectrum – from Database Systems and Computer networks to Software Developers, as well as more recently Machine Learning and Advanced Learning. The curriculum remains relevant to the needs of the industry, with students spending their final semester at leading technology companies such as HCL, TCS, and Wipro. The pass-out students of the department are doing very well in almost every leading organization and making the department’s name shine.
Head, CS/IT/CS(AIML) Department
Email: [email protected]