|B. TECH. (ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING)||30|
|B. TECH. (ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING)||30|
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
The department provides dedicated lab facilities for running lab –associated courses to undergraduate program in the area of Electronics & Communication and Electrical and Electronics Engineering. The aim of the department is to impart technical knowledge through hands on training and research in the frontiers of 5G Technology, Data Communication, Signal Processing, and Integrated Circuit Design &IoT. Power System & Control, Power Electronics, Renewable Energy and Smart Grid. The department has state-of-the art laboratories in almost all the areas of Electrical and Electronics Engineering .The department is also equipped with the latest simulation tools e.g. MATLAB.
Vision and Mission of the Department
Department of Electronics & Electrical engineering strives to offer latest knowledge/skills in order to promote creativity and innovation among students; to provide best platform for research while promoting values, ethics and professionalism thereby fostering progressive career in industry & academia globally.
M1: To engage modern education aids, laboratories and competent faculty ensuring effective teaching learning process to meet the ever growing and changing industrial and business environment.
M2: Strengthen knowledge and skills on the basic concepts/theories/ professional exposure involving analysis, systems implementation, operation, production and maintenance of the various applications in the Electronics & Electrical field.
M3: Provide value-based learning by encouraging activities focusing on community needs and also to provide a framework for the activities fostering collaborative and multi disciplinary areas.
M4: To enable students to develop skills to solve complex technological problems of current times and also provide a framework for promoting collaborative and multidisciplinary activities.
M5:To inculcate moral and ethical values among the faculty and students.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO-1: Engineering knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO-2: Problem analysis:Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO-3: Design/development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- PO-4: Conduct investigations of complex problems:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO-5: Modern tool usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO-6: The engineer and society:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO-7: Environment and sustainability:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO-8: Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO-9: Individual and team work:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO-10: Communication:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO-11: Project management and finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO-12: Life-long learning:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program specific outcomes (PSO’s): EC
PSO 1: should be able to understand the concepts of Electronics & Communication engineering and their applications in the field of semiconductor technology, consumer electronics, embedded system, communication/ networking and other relevant areas.
PSO 2: Should have an ability to apply technical knowledge and usage of modern hardware & software tools related to Electronics & Communication engineering for solving real world problems.
PSO 3: Should have the capability to analyze, comprehend, design & develop electronic subsystems/ systems for a variety of engineering applications and thus demonstrating professional ethics & concern for societal well being.
Program specific outcomes (PSO’s): EN
PSO 1:Use logical & technical skills to model, simulate and analyse electrical components and systems.
PSO 2:Integrate the knowledge of fundamental electronics, power electronics and embedded systems for the controllability, reliability and sustainability of electrical systems.
PSO 3:Contribute for the development of smart power grid and integrating green energy on it to meet the increasing demand of the society.
Course Outcome (CO)
Institute is affiliated to Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Lucknow therefore course outcome (CO) of each course is defined by the BOS of the university.
Click to view the syllabus with CO –
B.Tech EC II year
B.Tech EC III year
B.Tech EC IV year
B.Tech EN II year
B.Tech EN III year
B.Tech EN IV year
Click to view – List of faculites
Click to view – CO-PO Attainment
Message” As the Head of the Department, I am extremely happy to inform you that the EC/EN department is one of the most active, mature, and leading departments at Kanpur Institute of Technology, Kanpur. Since its inception in 2004, it has been working very hard with its faculty and staff to reach its goals, and in many sectors it has been able to gain satisfactory results. Our academic programme aims to prepare the students for new challenges in the area of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. We are committed to give our students an environment where they would be able to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills as they advance through the program. In addition to classroom teaching, the students are guided and motivated to practically implement the principles learnt in classroom through experimentation in the laboratories, which help them gain confidence and become skilled engineering professionals.”