In recognition of the importance of International understanding and in support of the college’s mission of excellence in teaching and research, Kanpur Institute of Technology strives to the provide the highest level of service and programs.
Our mission is to enhance the academic experiences of students by providing support and guidance on International academic programs.
International Connect(IC) coordinates bilateral research and academic programmes with the aim of opening up new frontiers and international opportunities in Engineering education and Research. This center accelerates much more international collaboration with foreign universities and research organizations. It is also desirous in renewing and strengthening the bonds between the academic communities through Student & Faculty exchange and other international outreach Programs with activities.
The major objectives of International Connect- Kanpur Institute of Technology (KIT), Kanpur are:
- To facilitate the students and the faculty learn about the contemporary international system, which will help them to establish a more structured and knowledgeable opinion on the world issues and interlinks, preparing them for a career on the international level.
- To support and conduct research both in the national and the international level and to increase the cooperation of academia with the public and private sectors.
The IC- Kanpur Institute of Technology regularly concentrates in nurturing creative thinking on the pressing global problems and to equip the students with the analytic tools, language expertise and cross-cultural understanding to guide them in that process. This center carries out the following activities:
- MoU with Universities: Kanpur Institute of Technology will sign MOU with various premier international Universities and Industries, which will have ample or extensive opportunities in the tremendous development of the institute. The IC-KIT encourages, maintains and sustains all the MoUs for the relentless growth.
- The center continuously promotes various events such as Expert Lectures, Workshops, FDP, Conferecs which helps international accreditation in the future.
- It motivates the interested faculty and scholars to submit joint research project proposals to various global funding agencies.
- This center encourages Joint research work, collaborative research publications, Joint Patents,
- It enhances the activities through joint faculty research, faculty teaching exchange, ensuring the futuristic approach of the institution.
At present, the KIT has established academic and research collaborations with Sam Ratulangi University, Manado, Indonesia and Manado Statae University, Manado, Indonesia, through MoU. The goals of this MoU are to encourage cooperation between the two institutes/ organization in the work area identified and to recognize the development and specifications made by the participants.
Each organization operates according to its own respective rules and procedures. The parties desire through this MoU to establish specific guidelines regarding the sharing of documents and the participation by observers in certain meetings.
The agencies/ institutes/ organization shall exchange desired information and research outcomes on relevant work programs in the identified work areas.